Commercial Property Manager - #63264
26 Oct '21
Commercial Property Manager
Property, Gauteng Pretoria
The purpose of the role is to maximize the financial performance of the portfolio, maintaining the buildings according to accepted business standards and managing tenants and staff.
- 3 Years’ experience in a Property environment, preferably Property management.
- Tertiary qualification suitable to the Property environment (Preferrable).
- Estate Agencies Affairs Board Competency Certificate (NQF Level 4).
- Fidelity Fund Certificate – Full Status
- Lease renewals and negotiations
Financial performance of the portfolio
- Prepare and refine portfolio budgets in line with agreed assumptions and other relevant information to determine the targets to be achieved for the financial year.
- Review and report monthly on financial and operational performance of portfolio against budgets and targets achieved.
- Update of notes and comments within deadlines as required for reporting purposes.
- Assist and provide supporting calculations/information to finance team for completion of reasonable forecast.
- Conclude lease renewals in line with market conditions, understanding of tenant’s needs, targets and turnaround times.
- Evaluate and recommend rent/other reductions to retain tenants considering guidelines, market conditions and vacancies.
- Improve income and decrease vacancies, by concluding deals with new tenants in line with targets.
- Observation of market activity, competitors and trends in the area and make recommendations on appropriate leasing strategies and new opportunities.
- Contribute ideas in terms of marketing campaigns to let vacant units and maximize income.
- Review and ensure tenant mix at buildings contribute to the overall performance of the buildings and to attract prospective tenants and customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with external brokers.
- Ensure leasing processes, procedures and approvals are followed. Accurate and timeous update of vacancy list, deals done and other relevant leasing data.
- Ensure vacant units are in a lettable condition by conducting regular building visits.
- Ensure that buildings are formally inspected, managed and maintained in line with Company standards. Submit inspection forms as per requirements. Ensure vacant units are in a lettable condition.
- Monitor and manage budgeted expenses items in line with planned timelines.
- Ensure maintenance concerns reported by tenants and in general are escalated internally and resolved successfully.
- Ensure the work done and quality of services provided by outsourced contractors (e.g., cleaning, security, etc.) as well as maintenance teams are monitored and reviewed
- Consider and recommend changes to outsourced services and staff compliment (security guards, building staff, cleaners, rubbish removal changes, etc.) to achieve optimal financial and operational performance.
- Ensure stock controls are implemented, maintained, and monitored on a monthly basis.
- Review, evaluate and oversee signage at the buildings.
- Motivate upgrades and improvements to buildings where these are deemed necessary.
- Review and monitor water, electricity and other utility costs and services provided.
- Monitor parking and access control and ensure collaboration with support (if relevant).
- Guide Leasing in terms of tenant retention and related aspects to consider during leasing processes.
- Ensure risks are identified, reported, and managed in line with the Company’s Risk Policy.
- Ensure operational and administrative policies, procedures and approvals are followed.
- Monitor and guide Credit Control team in decision making to manage arrears optimally.
- Ensure tenants with material arrear balances are met to discuss options in order to collect on outstanding amounts.
- Ensure files for Legal Handover are recommended, reviewed, and actioned appropriately.
- Manage customer service matters in line with Company standards and within agreed service levels.
- Communicate and work as a team with other departments.
- Achieve the required relationships with tenants, owners, contractors, and other external/internal parties.
- Clear communication, presentation and reporting at various forums.
- Oversee work of subordinates and conduct performance reviews as per agreed policies.
- Guide and mentor building staff to obtain desired objectives and performance.
- Manage poor performance when necessary, in consultation with HR and Portfolio Manager.
- Provide constructive feedback to subordinates regarding their performance.
Ad Visible Until: 16 November 2021
Vacancy Type: Permanent
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.