Health, Safety and Environmental Officer (Temp Contract) - #180867
Health and Safety Officer who will be responsible for maintaining compliance as per legislation and client specifications in line with Employers’ expectations.
Duties will include (but is not limited to):
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and improving the health and safety management systems, policies, plans, programmes and procedures in the workplace.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
- Identifying OHS-related training needs in the workplace.
- Conducting safety inspections and risk assessments.
- Investigating workplace accidents.
- Reporting on OHS-related activities.
- Conducting daily safety officer inspections
- Monitoring of inspection conduct by relevant personnel
- Monitoring of compliance in terms of client specifications
- Health & Safety Inductions
- Implementation and monitoring of Covid-19 measures and procedures
- Covid-19 control communication
- Monitoring expiration dates of medicals and competency certificates
- Monthly internal audits on Health & Safety documentation
- Facilitating Emergency drills
- Physically fit and healthy
- National Certificate (Matric)
- SAMTRAC or Similar Health & Safety Management Qualification: NQF 3-5
- Legal Liability
- Hazard identification and Risk Assessment
- Accident & Incident Investigation
- Registration with The South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) as a Construction Health & Safety Officer
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience related to construction sector(s) as a Health & Safety professional / Officer
- Proficient in atleast English speaking, reading and writing
- Code B Drivers license
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook (Or other email domains)
- Team Player
- Proactive and not reactive
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Have experience with International energy producing clients
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response within 2 weeks of applying.